Thursday, February 2, 2012

Clothes does not make the hooker

Our local news last night made mention about the fact that school kids have been propositioned for sex on their way home. 
This happened on street that is near one of the main school areas.
 I was shaking my head when I heard the news report and thinking 1) What would make someone mistake a child coming home from school for a hooker? and 2) What would make someone cruise the grade school district?

I might be coming off more naive then normal, but a child carrying a stack of school text books and hanging with their friends also carrying a stack of text books, doesn't really send any hooker signs to me.
The only other thing I can think is that we need more stores in this city to diverse women's wardrobes. Cause if a 14 year old girl coming home after class at 3:00 in the afternoon is dressed in anything that would make a grown man think prostitute, that means having only four main clothing stores in our mall is a bad idea.  
The hookers need a store of their own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment