Sunday, February 19, 2012

If you walk the talk

I was at the grocery for what should have been a five minute trip. The crowds had me standing around for almost 40minutes.  While I was there, Storm spotted me at the freezers.  He nodded and said hi, touching my shoulder. Only it wasn't just a tap on my shoulder, he lightly grabbed at my sleeve almost colliding into me.
As I was leaving, he asked if I was done, stopped stocking the display and said he was going for a smoke break.  Only he didn't stop at the little table where the staff has their breaks, he continued to walk me to my mother's.  And informed me of his schedule for the next few days, happening to mention where he lives.

Me-:"So you're not going to get in shit for just going on break without telling your manager?"

Storm:-"I'm the top dog today. Totally in charge of my area. So you're not mad at me anymore?"

I had no idea what he was talking about, though I've been confused by him for months.

Storm-:"Last time I saw you, you were just cranky and I was afraid you were mad at me."

He took a step towards me, touched my elbow and was about to say something else when Pat came bounding out of the door with her dog.  Storm said he had to get back and almost ran away.

And the first thing out of Pat's mouth was that he's cute. And it seems two of the other ladies in my mother's building feel the same way, as they were watching from the second floor windows howling at me as I entered the building.

My life just proves that growing up does not guarantee smooth emotions and clear signs. I swear men are more complicated now then they were when I was in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment