Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Do we know our own hearts?

While I have been stuck here at my mother's I ran out of my own books to read and ended up digging through her stack of already read books.
I ended up picking up a romance novel by Debbie Macomber called "Married in Seattle". 
It was two short stories about being set up and finding love where you wouldn't think you would. 

And this is the part where I say it got me thinking.  Partly about my own life and part about this manuscript I wrote way back a decade ago. 
That was the first time I had written anything, that I could see being the one novel that made it.  I still think it surpasses anything I've written to date as far as plot and character goes.  I still think someday down the line it will be in my published works.

I'm sitting here in what can be considered too late for middle of the night and too early for morning.  That weird inbetween time.  And I am thinking about everything that matters to me and the things I want to change.  What are my biggest dreams, my biggest goals, my biggest love?
It's always been the same for as long as I can remember.   To be married to the right guy, to be loved and cherished.  Even the coldest of hearts wants that.  Love at first sight, strength in knowing you chose wisely even after a heartbreak.

As I read over what I just posted, I realize to some this might sound like a random ramble but in the end I also know, the right guy will get the message until then, I guess it's twilight time.

No comments:

Post a Comment