Monday, November 7, 2011

Price Check 2

Been a crazy couple of days.
Had to go with mother to a way too early doctor's appointment, she had some tests this morning. After I got her back home, had to pick up stuff at the grocery.

So I walk in and see that Storm is chatting away to someone and he's standing right in front of where I needed to get, not moving, but his left hand was at his hair.   I nearly broke out in a mad fit of laughter, he'd gone and cut it.  
After having been just so happy about how it looked only a few days ago, he turned around and nearly had it shaved off.   That to me is a hairdo.

Fast forward to about an hour ago as I was leaving mom's building.  Jackie, one of the ladies who lives in the apartment across the hall from mom was on her way home from bingo.  Spotting me leaving, she told me to make sure my coat was done up as the winds had started to pick up.  Then she looked at me and said out of nowhere "Never mind, doesn't look like your buttons will do anything but pop if you try. I was going to say something to you the other day when I saw you about how much weight you've gained it's why you don't have a husband. "   then she pointed to my mother's door and continued. "My door is beside the kitchen. I can smell when you're baking, says to myself that you're at it again.  All those cookies bring me some next time and maybe you'll save yourself from turning into humpty dumpty like your mother." 

All I can say is that is my fear laid on the chopping block

No comments:

Post a Comment