Friday, November 25, 2011

Do you know where your friends are?

"Oh my god. It's a dating site"

Walsh laughed for about ten minutes when I said this as he looked over my shoulder.   I had decided to check emails yesterday while mom was in the shower.  There was one from my buddy the Musician, asking me to join some social network style thing.  Only, it wasn't a Facebook or Myspace it was a dating site.  I thought I'd put that in the past. 

Walsh-:"Thought you two weren't hanging around anymore?"   He put down the milk that mom had asked him to deliver since I am still on crutches.

Me-: "Haven't heard from him since the summer.  Well, I am guessing that that means he's still single too. "

Walsh picked up the newspaper and shook it at me. "You should be doing this.  Their food writer is a moron."

Me-: "Rather do the movie reviews or something.  Besides, they don't pay for their fluff articles and they butcher everything you submit.  I submitted to them in the past. Don't ask. So when did our lives turn into something we didn't want?"

Walsh shrugged with that blush he always does. "I'm happy.  Wish I could get a new truck but that's about it. Why?"

Me-: "Still sort of waiting to see if my real life will kick in.  Always pictured myself married long by now traveling and writing, having gallery showings of my art.  But yet..."

My cousin shrugged again and said he needed to go get the kids from school. "It will all come together when you relax a bit. "

No comments:

Post a Comment