Friday, November 4, 2011

Pillow Talk

In season 2 of Sex and the City, in the episode called The Awful Truth,  Carrie's question of the week is  "Are there still things in a relationship we should never say?"

The character of Miranda is dating a guy who wants to talk dirty the whole time they have sex but she can't talk back to him and Samantha is unable to tell her boyfriend that his dick is too small. 

I read somewhere, that 95% of conversations that couples have in general happen when they are in bed. I also vaguely remember that fact myself from a million years ago when I was in my last relationship.  Everything, naughty or otherwise; was given air time between the sheets. 

Being someone who never seems able to shut up even in the best of times, as I watched this episode today, I started to think about things.  Namely the past conversations with past boyfriends/lovers.  I've had more long distance/online romances then anyone I know, and have always found it fairly easy to talk dirty.
It's the other stuff in relationships that are difficult to talk about. The serious stuff.   That, I find grips me in a fear like nothing else.

In this day and age, have we become too easily intimate without really becoming truly intimate?  If so, is there ever a way to fix it or are we just doomed to be half way honest?





No comments:

Post a Comment