Sunday, November 13, 2011

Modern Fairy Tales

I've been enjoying a few new shows on television the last month, Once Upon A Time and Grimm both have put a new spin on traditional fairy tales.

Once Upon A Time,  has a storyline going on right now about Snow White and Prince Charming and how they keep ending up in each others' lives.  It's a classic comment on the idea that when two people are destined to be together they can not avoid each other. It also lends to my own belief in the soulmate idea.  Love at first sight, a knowing when you've met the one person you are meant to be with. 

I think it might also be one of the main reasons I ended up becoming hooked on Charmed this last few months once I actually watched a few episodes.
The idea that love is the only thing worth fighting for. Sometimes to the point you become terrified if you loose.


No comments:

Post a Comment