Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dirty Laundry part 7

It was the holiday weekend here in Canada, Thanksgiving.  My family was doing it's usual eat and run with everyone stopping in and out all day yesterday.
Mom had been at one of my Aunt's for a brunch earlier in the day and could talk about nothing but my one cousin.  The cousin had just gotten out of the hospital.
The topic was not her being sick, but her "new man".

Mom -: "You should see the guy she's with now. If you want to call him that. He's the same age as her dad and looks it."

Me- :"Let me guess, she met him at the bar?"

Mom-: "He's a cab driver.  She met him coming home from the bar. I don't even want to get into it, just know that your Uncle is not happy with the whole thing. Disgusted is more the word, but she's 30 years old and grown woman if you want to call her that."

Me-: "I just don't get it you know. Uncle is what 66? And she's dating someone his age?"

Mom-: "And she's looking yellow.  That's cause she's sick drinking herself in and out of the hospital. What does a man his age want with someone like her? Well, we know what he wants.  But you know what I mean."

Me-:"Yeah."

Mom-: "Sad thing all this. She needs to grow up, all this drinking and it's your Aunt I feel sorry for."

Me-: "Understandable."

Mom-: "Makes your obsession with skunky not so bad."  {mom laughed like a mad witch} "At lest he's is not bad looking. I guess I am lucky that you're only real addiction is wrestling. At lest I know I don't have to worry about getting a call saying you died from watching tv or anything. You're Aunt lives in constant fear of getting a call from someone saying that your cousin is dead somewhere from an overdose.  what?"

Me-: "That's oddly enough the nicest thing I've heard you say in I can't remember when. The comment about my taste in men not being bad I mean."


Mom-: "Well. "{she shrugged} "He is cute. Just he's no Johnny Boy"  {mom's got a thing for John Cena}



No comments:

Post a Comment