Thursday, October 20, 2011

Win a date

In the movie Coyote Ugly,  there are a few scenes where the lead character puts her boyfriend and her dad up for as a prize to the highest bidder.


I was joking around recently about this idea with Pattie, one of the ladies who lives in my mom's building;  who thought it would be a great idea if I offered myself up as a prize in some sort of contest.  The scary part is, she was serious.

I've said over the years that if any man can correctly answer my "compatibility test"  I would marry him. So far, no one has. Given the men I seem to meet that might be a blessing in disguise.

Pattie also suggested that I should take my ass back to the dating sites.  So I did for about an hour tonight.  It got me wondering about how different it really is between selling yourself on a dating site to listing yourself as a prize?

Your being packaged in both situations, only in one you are right there for everyone to see in the flesh and are able to see in real time who's rejecting you and the other is all done from behind a computer screen.   Not sure which is actually better?

Everyone wants to be adored and desired, it's part of what drives us to do whatever it is we do in life.  But no one wants to ever be rejected.
I can not see myself sticking around much on the dating site.  I've tried it in the past and found it useless. I know the man for me is not going to be hanging around a dating site.
As far as setting myself as a "prize in a contest"  unless I suddenly turn into a wrestling title belt, I am not sure I'd want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment