Sunday, October 9, 2011

SATC in the News

Okay, just a bit of a detour here...

We know that Candace Bushnell wrote two new novels in the last two years based on the SATC characters.   I personally loved those books, and looking extremely forward to the next two in this spin off -prequel series.

Rumours have been flying for over a year about a movie being made out of the books.  Fans have weighted in on the pros and cons of it.
Myself, I have gone back and forth in how could they manage to pull it off and still have it fit into the mythos of the show given the books re-write the show's history in places?

I stumbled across an article stating that the young adult novels would be turned into a tv show for this coming year.

How will that work?  Will the die hard tv fans follow?  Will it open up a new fan base of younger girls? Or will it destroy the beloved characters?

I'm sort of on the fence.  As I said, I loved the books in the series, but not sure how I feel about an entire new "sex and the city"  world. 

And is this the hold up on SATC 3?  Because of the new show will it hex any chance of us fans getting a 3rd movie?

I am interested however, in another new Bushnell book to television production in One Fifth Avenue.  When I read that novel back few years ago, I could not put it down.  Again, I must admit, it weaved in elements of SATC as underlined insider jokes.

So this is just something to think about this morning.  Will be interesting to see what they are going to do with it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment