Monday, October 24, 2011

Mindless Monday 10/24

Debbie, one of the ladies who lives in my mother's building, does tarot readings.  She was outside with a group of the other smokers today when I was leaving the building.  
She pulled me to the side and simply said  "What you are waiting for will be here soon. You'll get your letter... two letters. One's got something to do with real estate the other... relationship."

It's no secret about me being single nor about me looking for a new place to live.  Then she made a comment that sort of threw me for a bit of a loop,  she commented on me "getting back to the job I was doing."

I hadn't said anything to any of the ladies around mom's building about my failing career, nor has my mother as she does not hang out with any of them.
This does come at an odd moment, as I've been debating for the past week on what direction I need to go in my writing.  I had thought about the idea of doing a column for the local newspaper but ended up changing my mind.

There is a line in an episode of Sex and the City, where Carrie comments on how in New York, everyone is always looking for one of three things,  a place to live, a relationship and a career, and that she's found two out of three.   
I, it would seem, am looking at the moment for all three. 

I've been putting off the tarot reading I agreed to have her do for me for the last two weeks because it's sort of out of my price range right now, but this little nugget today has got me wondering. 


No comments:

Post a Comment