Sunday, September 2, 2012

post-it 2nd Sept

Just spent the last hour and a half writing.  A new short story,  Mr. Scratchy about two demon/angel characters.  Let's see if I can keep the creativity going long enough to finish this one.
Inspired by two wrestlers of course, both from Company #3... okay were in Company #3, one of them is over in Company #1 now, just won a shinny new belt there too. 

I consider that to be productive Mr. Scratchy.  It feels good to get back to writing, even if it's only tablescraps here and there for a few pages.  Been way too long that I've been feeling stuck with writer's block.  Way too long.

Anyways, Mr. Scratchy; how is your long weekend so far?  I'm assuming where you live you have the four day long weekend like we do here in Canada?  

I imagine you today Mr. Scratchy, sitting reading this after supper.  Imagine you shaking your head at me for my latest short story, knowing that it won't take me long to add a character based on The Celebrity like I always do.  That was what derailed the last short story, I added a character based on him and it just seemed to become almost like two plots were happening.  So I imagine you shaking your head at me, a smirk on your face your eyes sparkling with mischief. I want to say that for once, you're imagining me sitting here writing this new short story.  Imagining my pale fingers smoothly hitting the keys in mad strokes of creativity.  And if you can imagine that Mr. Scratchy, then I wonder what else you've imagined my hands could do?  
Oh come on, I'm allowed to start being just a little less innocent with these post-it notes to you Mr. Scratchy.
Anyways, Mr. Scratchy; back to me imagining you... I think you are reading this dressed in a pair of shorts, with a torn pocket, a tee shirt that has your buddy's band on it, or your own band if you're in one. I think you've got a drink in hand, rye on the rocks, and a serious need to sleep.  I also imagine that you are laughing at me for the two wrestlers I was inspired by for this new short story. 

And as always, Mr. Scratchy; I hope I brought a few moments of pleasure to your day. Guilty or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment