Friday, November 23, 2012

Dirty Laundry 20

"Wow no one has anything nice to say about him"  Walsh said leaning over my shoulder  as he told me about a thing he'd seen online about The Celebrity.

 Me-:"Why do you show me these things? Besides, that was a few years ago look at the date on it."

Walsh-:"I still don't know why you like this guy?"

Me-:"Vampire with a soul?"

Walsh-:"Do I think he's a vampire, yes but do I think he has a soul, doubtful."

Me-:"Gushing over the wrestler more so then the man, I don't know a damned thing about the real guy only what I've seen on tv and the year he worked on the company blog. Why the hell did you feel the need to show me this? Trying to ruin the image I have of him."

He was dropping off his sister for mom to babysit. I was wondering if he was looking after his sister to begin with why he didn't just let her stay with them for the night?  Which I stupidly asked and the kid who's 6 years old, (you know the one from my uncle's second marriage) answered me saying that her other sister was scary now.

Ah, so their sister was  back from rehab and she was staying with Walsh and his wife and kids for a few weeks to make sure she didn't relapse.   Understood.

Then the kid turned around and asked me why I was back at my mom's.  That kid is too smart for her own good.

Me-:"I don't want to be alone right now."

Walsh pointed at the computer and laughed. "Ever think that maybe there is no difference?  That the character he plays on wrestling is what the man is like in real life?" he dropped his voice so that the kid didn't hear him. "Maybe he's just a douchbag? "

Me-:"Don't ruin him for me. The less I know about the real man he is when the cameras stop rolling, the better I can like the wrestler and the better I can keep him in my writing."

Mom was half listening to all this while getting supper for the kid. "Huh?"

Me-:"when I write. I can't get into a character when I write, specially the hero in my novels if I can't have the room for dreaming about them. If I know too much it ruins it for me and I can't picture the guys the way I need to, to build a world around them."

Mom-: "Why don't you just create from scratch?"

Me-:"Most of it is. Just always works better if you have the beginnings. Like the way the character looks."

Mom-:"I still don't get it."

Walsh-:"I do, I think. Anyways, I have to go. Dad will be by tomorrow to pick you up."

My cousin left, and I would be lying if I said he hadn't pissed me off just a little.  It just seems to me that over the last 7 years, everyone I talk to has something to say about The Celebrity and the fact I still like him.


No comments:

Post a Comment