Monday, November 19, 2012

What would Carrie do?


The start date for the prequel to Sex and the City,  the Carrie Diaries has been announced. 
January 14th at 8pm.  A Monday night. Also a prime slot for a show about teen turned fashion queen. It will be taking over the spot currently being warmed by one of CW's long running shows.

I loved the books that this show is based on, the original tv show and it's original book is still one of my all time favourites.  But, I'm not sure how well this offering is going to fair.

The two books - Carrie Diaries and Summer in the City,  happen during the early to mid-1980's. And unless this show decides to follow Carrie through the 80's into well 1998 when SATC starts, I don't see how good it will be.  I don't think too many fans will be able to stick with it if it stays within a short time frame.

With all that said, I also know as each season progresses, so will the decade. 

I guess, after the last few decade specific shows like Pan-Am, that failed; I'm worried Carrie Diaries won't be given the chance to become what SATC fans have grown to love.

I'm greatly looking forward to seeing how Carrie Diaries will handle itself, and hope it survives to at lest a third season.

No comments:

Post a Comment