Thursday, November 1, 2012

post-it Nov 1st 2012

Hallowe'en night, and everyone is out but me.  I'm at home watching the Rocky Horror Picture Show, in true geekiness like I do every year.
My dorkdom knows no ends.  Coffee, pumpkin pie and a crazy movie.

But that's fitting to talk about on here.  The loss of innocence and the seduction of flesh. In every sense of the word.
The sexuality of it is there, you can't run away from it any faster then you would a hungry werewolf. But it's also about control, manipulation, fear, and body parts.
It's Hallowe'en, I had to get a jab in there didn't I?

Have we as a society actually moved into a state where we can truly handle the ideas in this movie?  The idea of tolerance to the ultimate degree? 
I'm not just talking about the sex and drugs that are there but the rebellion of ego?  When Brad and Janet first come to the house, they are following traditional puritan values, but Columbia was a  complete devotee. Having let go of her own ego and blindly agreed to live in the shadow of Frank'n'Furter.

Rocky Horror Picture Show opens up so many different points of conversation. Just it's tagline for the dance number, "don't dream it be it"  seems to be a reinforced creed, of  permission of trusting that everything is better if you just let go.

As I sit here thinking about this film tonight Mr. Scratchy, I have to wonder if you're not watching it as well on your end of things?  Maybe you're coming home from a midnight showing of it, and reading this before heading to bed?


No comments:

Post a Comment