Saturday, June 11, 2011

Case of the underwear thief

I was out at the lingerie store bra shopping, which I hate doing.  Sales lady dropped everything forcing a line up of crazed women on a sale day; in order to shoo away a guy who had come in and was touching all the displays.  { I've seen this guy standing around the music store many times. He stands there most the time, listening to the new releases swaying with a cup in his hand. It's been known that he's at the mall on day passes from the hospital, and the staff at the music store almost always has to call the ward to let them know he arrived} 

Saleslady-: "You know you're not allowed past the check out table. The back is off limits."

Daypass Guy-: "I'm just wanting to see the new ones. I won't move anymore."

Saleslady-: "No, I'm very busy today and I can not keep an eye on you, go please or I'll have to call Frank"

Daypass Guy-: "I promise I'll just stand here okay. Okay. Hey okay? Frank doesn't need to know I'm here. I'll be really quiet, like a mouse. Okay?"

She managed to get him out of the store for about a minute while she tried to get back to the customers. Then he was back in the store beside a bin that was full of thongs. The Saleslady reached over and picked up the phone. Another minute later and security was there to take the Daypass Guy out of the store.  The lady standing beside me in line asked what it was all about.

Saleslady-: "He's got mental problems, and normally is really harmless but he's got a fetish for women's panties. We've caught him sniffing the ones in the sale bin a few times. Nearly ..."  {big round of ewww from most of us on that one} "...uh-huh yeah. There's been a few times our inventory does not match up at the end of the night with the sales numbers. I can't prove he's taken any, but I'm nearly sure he has."

The lady standing next to me in line shook her head and asked what we all were half way thinking but not wanting to ask. 
"But if they are new and clean...I don't get it?"

Saleslady shrugged waving at us.  "I don't want to speculate."

No comments:

Post a Comment