Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Scarlet Letter Strikes Again

I had gone to the coffee shop after a short walk few hours ago, and bumped into The Drama Queen.  She was her usual overly talkative self, and just as I was about to take my cappuccino and come home, she leaned in all secretive and told me to stay away from Storm.

I think I had a bit of a Carrie moment, you know when on the show she's in slight shock and does that double head shake  with the wide eyes and says "Excuse me?" 

TDQ-: "I saw you talking to Storm yesterday afternoon. I just think it's a bad idea for you to be trying to get so chummy with him." 

And that was about it.  She spotted her husband coming into the building from work and seemed to forget I was even there. 
All I can say is yeah, totally weird.   I thought about this a bit as I headed into the Blockbuster next door to rent a movie.  Mitch was working, so I chatted with him for a few minutes, mentioned what had just happened and he gave me this look.  

Okay picture this, a 5'11 guy who is about the same size as a mic stand, with a full thick dark beard that makes him look like he should be living in a cave.  And he's a total puppy.  But he raised an eyebrow at me, sucked in a deep breath and out of the corner of his mouth made a comment about how he's seen her trying to snag Storm herself.

Mitch-: "She's just trying to keep you at arms length so she can screw him without competition. Anyway, I thought he was seeing someone?" 

Me-: "That was what I thought.  Have to find out if he still is or if he's single again."

I finished my cappuccino tossing the cup in the trash, and looked at the stack of DVDs that Mitch had just sorted to shelve.  Sitting on the top of the pile was a copy of Easy A
Which is a combo remake of The Scarlet Letter and Can't Buy Me Love.   I hadn't seen it yet but thought it was just too rich of a sign not too get it.

(Yes, just finished watching the movie and it was fabulous. I might post a review)

No comments:

Post a Comment