Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Yours, Mine, Ours

I was sitting with my cousin and his youngest, watching a wrestling dvd. I made a comment about "that's my team"  which is pretty typical of me.  And I was asked by the 4 year old who I was talking about?  I pointed to the screen and said the two guys in the red and black pants. Then She asked me how were they mine?
I simply said, they were my favourites like her dad's favourite hockey team was the Oilers.  She nodded and continued to stare at the tv screen, suddenly finding the contents of her nose interesting.  Turning to her dad, she asked "So that makes you their favourite too right? If they are Darling's favourite then she has to be their favourite too."  {said as a statement more then a question}
Walsh just sort of grunted as an answer.

She's 4, there is no point in trying to explain it.

Walsh giggled and threw a look at me then out of nowhere asked me "You ever think they have called you theirs?"  This he seemed to find amusing to the tenth power.

I shrugged and said "why not? I'm sure they've called me their favourite blogger, or their  pain in the butt."

Walsh-: "That you are.  Big pain in the butt."  he giggled a bit more. "But really now, why do I get the feeling there is more here then you've ever told me?"

Me-: "You know all I do on the topic."   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment