Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ode to The Other Guy

JTGG was at the coffee shop when I stopped in few hours ago, and we got to talking.

JTGG-: "Why are you so against the idea of The Other Guy being your Mr. Scratchy"  {he did the air quotes again when he said Mr. Scratchy}

Me-: "What do you mean?"

JTGG-: "I mean, you're like just dead set against believing he might be the guy. Why? Why?" {he giggled with his eyes wide.} "Wellllllll?"

Me-: "Cause it's just not?"

JTGG-: "I think it is. You need to stop fighting the idea. Because you KNOW you need to find out and do something about it! Hahahaha! You're going to end up like your mother old bitter and ALOOOONNNE!"

Me-: "What makes you so sure it's him? I don't feel it."

JTGG-: "What? Cause I do!" {he leaned over and screamed at me then got up to get another coffee} "And I'm always right." {he kicked me under the table lightly more then once.}

Me-: "Put it this way, if he is it would be a bad sitch at worst, and a complicated one at best. And so yeah he can not be Mr. Scratchy. He just can't."

JTGG-: "Hellooooo! You don't get to choose if he is or not! I choose!" {mad laughter for a few minutes then he sipped on his coffee for a minute and started to play with his new eyebrow ring} "And I say that he's more then possible to be Mr. Scratchy. Tell me why you don't. Tell me"

Me-: "Wanna start with the fact he's not available, and move on to the fact that because of many things I've teased him about in the last few years, and then pile on the fact that he's... "

JTGG-: "Auhhhhaaa?"  {his eyes went wide for a second and I knew what he was hoping I'd say.}

Me-: "... gorgeous. He's down right gorgeous. Besides, I've said this a few times in the past, from everything I've witnessed, everything I've come to understand, he'd have been the one to have said long long time ago that he was if he thought for a second that he was. You know."

JTGG-: "What? Ohhhh! You mean you think he would have called you already if he was your Mr. Scratchy. Okay now I get it.  I still think he is though and from what I've read few times of things on the internet he's totally perfect for you."  {he started to play with the eyebrow ring again} "I so don't understand why you don't want him?"

Me-: "Never said I didn't want him. Just said I don't feel that he's the guy."

JTGG-: "Fine. but why would it be a bad thing or why would it be a complicated thing?"

Me-: " Bad because of what I already said, his not being available and too good looking and because I'm me.  Complicated because of who he is."   {JTGG looked at me for a few seconds not understanding or no longer listening, or possibly both before shaking his head and saying he didn't get it. }   "Because he is The Other Guy.  You know, The Celebrity's bestest bud. Say The Other Guy is my Mr. Scratchy that would mean I'd never be totally able to settle into a forever because The Celebrity would be on the edge of everything. How damned unfair would that be to The Other Guy. So he just can't be the one."

JTGG-: "Whatever. But I think he is. And time to talk about me."

No comments:

Post a Comment