Sunday, June 3, 2012

Post-it June 3rd

"better make your move or it's the same sad song for you"   - Headstones.

Its a Sunday afternoon, we've got a hot sunny day here. 24 degree c. There's a strange battle of music happening in this tiny apartment.  Mom's got some oldie's country station on and I've got my iPod blasting.  Too bad I can still hear her stuff over mine.
But Mr. Scratchy, it got me thinking to how we express ourselves.  I think I might have brought up this topic a few times in the past, but it's a topic that I have thought about muchly.
It's not the only thing that has me thinking about this today, I was watching another Jane Austen movie earlier.  Persuasion
In it, the hero Captain Wentworth, tries to hide his feelings towards Anne Elliot because she's broken his heart. He thinks that she understands what he's trying to get across but she doesn't.  She believes he's beyond angry with her.  Meanwhile, everyone believes that Louisa Musgrove is the most perfect match for Wentworth. All the while thinking that Anne's cousin William Elliot would make a perfect match for her. 

I've mentioned this particular Jane Austen story a few times in my shorts stories that I've written online, with my character Caleb. 
It sort of fits with the idea that sometimes we don't express ourselves the way that we think we are, Mr. Scratchy. 


"have a little blind faith, believe" - Rick Springfield

2 comments:

  1. Good luck :) I'm new to your blog but you sound like you and your boyfriend have been through a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous... Thanks. But I'm not dating anyone right now. It's complicated.

    ReplyDelete