Saturday, December 24, 2011

Like a crusted Penthouse

There was a bit of a commotion in the hallway about a half hour ago.  Doors slamming, people screaming and running up and down the stairs.  So I went to see what was happening. 
The new neighbours were having a fight.  And just as I was closing my door to come back into my hovel of an apartment, this kid came scampering out of their apartment across the hall with something in his hand. 
I heard a man's voice screaming at him to get back inside.  Then he came to the doorway to collect the kid. 
The kid couldn't have been more then about 3 years old, and was standing there in a pair of blue pajamas with little reindeer on them.  In his hand was a magazine.  He dropped it as the man - I'm guessing his dad- picked him up.   The magazine fell open on the floor.
The guy went four shades of red and snatched up the magazine tossing it into that apartment not looking at me.

A song by Artificial Joy Club is where the quote "like a crusted penthouse" is from. I thought it was more then fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment