Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Late night post-it

There is an episode of Sex and the City called "They Shoot Single People Don't They?"  it's from season 2, episode 16.  It deals with the idea that some people are just fooling themselves into thinking they are alright with being only themselves and not part of a couple.  The question of the week is "Is it better to fake it then be alone?"
In the episode, all the girls end up in desperation relationships that they just really don't want to be in just because of a magazine cover that makes them doubt their worth.

As I watched that episode today, I started to wonder if men ever feel the need to validate themselves relationship wise?

Ironically, I was taking part in a discussion earlier about the value of taking a break from dating and just being with your own comfort zone.  Basically the reverse of what the topic of the episode was today.

The idea that if you're single, you have to not be afraid to be so.   I had decided to do just this awhile back.  I just never intended it to be as long as it has been.  It seems to me, that whenever someone around me says they are taking time for themselves, it is exactly when they meet the big love of their life.

I mentioned this morning about having done a tarot reading.  Well, I did a second one about a half hour ago and this time, the 2 of Cups came up. 
This is a card of love, partnership, friendship, union and marriage.
The Knight of Cups also popped up in the reading.
That's a card of creativity, love, a shy man, a loyal man, a dreamer, truthful expressions of love, and messages

If I take all this today it seems I'm being told two extremes.
It's been one of those days where nothing has made much sense. And just keeping balance has been a trial today.
As I wrap this up, I see it's almost midnight, almost tomorrow.  I hope Mr. Scratchy, that it's a bit more of a balanced day tomorrow.

I imagine you sitting there with a beer tonight, twirling your hair while you read this. I have no idea where that idea came from either just there.

No comments:

Post a Comment