Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The flock

I woke up to an email from my cousin with a link to a youtube, which said "found this"
It was from a few years ago, of The Celebrity and The Other Guy.   They were talking about music, fashion and tag belts.
I'd seen it before when it was still new.  I know my cousin was just trying to make me feel better, or at lest I hope he was just trying to make me feel better.  Would hate to think he sent it to make me feel worse.
With my family, sometimes I never know.

My mom returned from cousin's BBQ around 1am,(it seems no one in the family wants to be out done this year, third BBQ in four days my mom has been to)  which is odd given she hates family get togethers.  The first thing out of her mouth was "Birdie was there, with SP"

Me-:"That didn't take her long. What happened to that Dave guy she was dating?"

My mother shrugged.  I didn't even know SP was back in town.  He was this guy that hung out with my sister and Sophia back in the day. Birdie is one of my many cousins on my mother's side. There's like 15 of us grand-kids on my mother's side. SP is wealthy.  Birdie only gets involved with guys who can afford to buy her stuff.

Mom-:"All any of them were talking about was that movie."

Me-:"Can you vague that up for me a little bit. Lest pin down the kind of movie?"

Mom-:"Oh I don't know.  The Hens were talking about the one they went and saw on Friday, with the guy from the one we watched last week."

Me-:" They were on about that?"

Mom:-"Yeah, no. Not the movie, the guy from the movie. Anyway, the Hens (meaning Walsh's wife and Walsh's sister-in-law) were talking about that movie all night. Then Jessica said she liked it. Everyone turned and your aunt made the comment about it being an R rated film, how did Jessica even get in to see it."

Me-:" Oh the stripper movie, Magic Mike. Let me guess, her mother didn't know?"

My mom rolled her eyes. "Oh her mother knew. That Hen spoke up saying it was only 14A. But still, they let her go on her own. No wonder her kids are the way they are, you see some of the stuff she gets into herself. Then they were all talking about Walsh's sister and how she's back in rehab. The other Hen commented that she's a drunk.  I did all I could not to remark back at her that she is too. Probably a good thing you didn't go. Knowing you and those three; might have been calling the cops to stop a fist fight."

Me-:"Or an medic." 

No comments:

Post a Comment