Sunday, May 29, 2011

Extra girl talk, hold the girl

Radar was on his way to work when I was on my way back from the book store.  We chatted for a brief few minutes about nothing of importance.  Then he made a comment about the blog.  Seems to me, whenever someone informs me they've been reading my stuff, a new level of uncomfortable  is reached.

"...it's like you're having an intimate conversation. But that's like the stuff you should be having with your girlfriends."  

Me-: "I don't have women friends. Not anymore, been stabbed in the back too many times over the decades."

Radar-: "What?" he shrugged tossing out his cigarette butt "How can you not have girlfriends?"

Me-:"I just stopped bothering to even try. Besides kiddo" {he stiffened and did not like me calling him that by the way}  "when you have girl talk with a woman, you don't get any results. Just more talk."

Radar-: "Um. What?" {he started to head into the gas station for another pack of smokes}

Me-: "If we're all talking about the same thing, with each other, women I mean; then all we've got are questions without answers, confusion, what ifs, and more questions. And we end up as clueless as we started. Just more sappy. I want answers, results, therefore, having the girl talk with boys makes more sense."

Radar-: "How's that working for you? How's that working for me?"  {he laughed a nervous laugh opening the pack of cigarettes}  "Is this going to end up in the blog? You need some more photos on it or something. Make it more interesting to look at." 

Me-: "I'll look into that. The photos I mean."

{At that point, Fanny who works at the bank came up to bum a cigarette off of Radar. I sort of got shuffled out of the conversation} 

No comments:

Post a Comment