Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fashion Rewind

Some of you might remember me talking about how I've been told I've lost my edge {Who's Your Andy Warhol} It's something that keeps being told to me. {Musician made the comment about a month ago that I need to start dressing up more}  That I need to get out of not just my slump, but my slumppy comfys too.

So in the spirit of trying too hard, I decided to pick up a Vogue magazine.  Something I have to admit I haven't done in about 4 years.
Four years since I've bothered keeping up with fashion, and for some reason; the first thing I see as I flipped through the June 2011 issue was stuff that looked familiar. 

Ironically the magazine seems to be doing a retrospective right now.  But it's got me thinking, just how much does fashion in cities as small as ours, matter?

Musician and I were on the phone last night for while, and the topic of first impressions was our main stay.  Both looking at it from a point of view of there being no real effort anymore in the people we are meeting. 
I admit, I've stopped trying.  The times in the past I have made an effort to look good for a date it's been wasted on guys who either did not show up or who told me I was too much of a high maintenance for them.  The rare occasions that I've gotten dressed in something other then track pants and over sized tees to go shopping or to a movie by myself, I've been mistaken for a hooker {I'm still trying to figure that one out}

When you live in a city where the idea of high fashion is the neon-orange crocks; how do you survive?

P.S.  I wear Nikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment