Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dirty Laundry 17

"You took your sign away. Why did you do that?"  My sister's step son asked as he stood in the doorway yesterday when my sister and mom brought in the groceries.

Me-: "Sign what sign?"

Kid-: "On your blog. For the wrestling the one on the side."

I don't know how I feel about the 11 year old reading my blog.. no wait I do know and it's why I have this other blog. 

Kid-: "You're late with the wrestling reviews again. Why are you always late with it?"

Me-: "Because I don't have cable, I can only see it on the website."

Sister-: "What garbage are you two talking about now?"  she asked as she brought another large bag in from the car.

Kid-: "I asked why she took her sign down from her blog?"

 My sister screwed up her face while she tried to think what the kid was talking about. 

Me-: "I didn't take it down, just moved it to the bottom of the blog actually. Not that it matters..."  I laughed at my own inside joke there. "the ad for the wrestling tour"

Sister-:"Oh that. Why it not working or something?

Mom-: "Oh she's being stupid. The Celebrity left the company and she's being... herself."

Sister-: "He left? Really?"  she shrugged "Go for The Other Guy,write about him again for awhile.That grease monkey brought in ratings."

Kid-: "When are you going to post the review for the shows?"

Me-: "Not sure."

Sister-: " Not sure When or not sure If? Cause you were a total bitch when you stopped doing the reviews and you made me want to hit you. You know you ... no! I can't believe I'm saying this but you're not allowed to stop. Just start writing about someone else and make them the next center of your attention. Help make someone else a star, someone who'll actually appreciate it. Cause god knows he never did."

Me-: "Don't hold back or anything."

Sister-: "You seem to be able to pick a wrestler before he becomes the biggest thing going, but you've gotten nothing to show for it but your blogs."

Mom-: "She's right you know. She's not trying to be mean..."

Me-: "Yes she is."

Sister started to laugh and nodded almost choking. "Yes I am mom. I'm being mean. You want a career out of this, then pick someone who will actually help you. Someone who will give you interviews and stuff, not just rip off your ideas."

Me-: "God, you make it sound like an ex boyfriend or something. You never reacted this bad when ----- left me."

Sister-:"He was a player and I never liked him. Total jerk. I actually started to believe that The Celebrity might have been your Mr. Scratchy."


No comments:

Post a Comment