Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Strippers and angry boyfriends

This is the weekend that, that movie about the male strippers opens. 
Sister is going with one of her best friends, Sasha.  Then they are going to the Chippendales that is happening.  Seriously, nothing out of the ordinary.
My brother in law thinks it's fine, doesn't have an issue with it.  They come through here about twice a year, and someone in my sister's group of friends seems to want to go every time. 
The problem seems to be coming from Sasha's boyfriend. He is forbidding her to go.

This is a guy who hangs out at the strip clubs here in town on a regular basis. I can only imagine that his double standard is because he's too insecure himself.  

Personally, I don't get the appeal of male strippers.  I don't get the appeal of strippers in general.
But I've also seen too many guys in this city over the years, act like they hit the goldmine by dating strippers. 
Seems I'm missing the big missing link here.  Strippers as status symbols?   

Few years ago, I was at a wrestling event, and bumped into a guy I'd gone to school with. He still looked the same as he had twenty years ago in grade 8.  And for some reason, when he spotted me, he had the need to pull his wife to him, and express his gratitude that she was a stripper.  And let me just say, she looked like she'd just walked out of an old Guns and Roses video from 1989.  She also didn't seem like she really wanted to be manhandled in public.


No comments:

Post a Comment