Saturday, June 9, 2012

Random Saturday Morning

I'm looking at my knee.  It's shaped funny now, like a cone and not a smooth roundness.
Is this the lesson I'm meant to learn this year?  To not judge my looks the way I have been the last few years?

The few people who knew me in college and are still in my life.. I think there is maybe one... told me not too long ago, that I was more confident back then.  More sure of myself, my talents.
They were not wrong.

I can't really pinpoint when I started to become such a mess.

Now, Saturn.  I forgot about the fact Saturn affects the sector of a person's love life in their astrology charts.
Saturn can basically deliver a dry spell. For how ever long it's running through your relationships area.  I did the math just now, and I'm seeing a connection here.  But according to my charts, Saturn is due to leave my relationships area in October. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just have to have a bit more patience.

Patience. Something I've never been good at. Ever.

This has me thinking about that episode of Sex and the City from season 1 called "The Drought"  where Carrie is afraid of having offended Mr. Big to the point of making herself believe he's not wanting her anymore, and Miranda hasn't dated in 3 months.  {episode 11}

We know that everyone is on a different timeline for things in their lives, so why is it that we keep comparing ourselves to others?  
I'm the first to admit, I'm horrible for doing this.  I am always looking at my sister and cousins and wondering what it is that magically fell into place for them to find husbands/wives and why I'm still searching?  Specially with the fact I'm one of the oldest in the family and I'm the only single one of us left.  Same with the people I grew up with.  All of them have managed to find that one big love and have married, had kids, and bought houses.

So what is it that has half the world comparing ourselves to the other half?

No comments:

Post a Comment