Sunday, August 19, 2012

post it sunday after midnight

I spent the day fighting the beginnings of a cold. The last thing I need right now is to get sick. If I end up sick before my knee surgery in three days they won't let me have it and I'll have to reschedule.  And it's already been a three month wait list.

Just been watching a mini Sex and the City marathon. It's hard to believe that the show has been in reruns for the last 8 years already.

One of the episodes talked about how you only get two great loves in your life, if you're really lucky. The show defined that as love that changes you, that affects you so deeply.
That got me thinking.  If that's true, then I wonder about my own loves.  Of all the guys I've been involved with, two stand out.  But, I can't get past the question of if I affected them? 

Then of course, Mr. Scratchy, there is the knowledge of you. I'm sure that brought a giggle to your throat. 
Everyone wants to know that they affect others in a deep meaningful way.  It's human nature. 

Do you care for vampire movies Mr. Scratchy?  I think they are the perfect metaphor for pretty much anything. But, then again you already know that. Considering how long you've been reading me.  I would like to know if you were introduced to my writings through The Other Guy or the late wrestler from company #3 and #4 ? 
How is The Other Guy doing after his second injury?  I haven't seen anything on the show in the last month as far as updates go. The last time I did see him on tv, he had really great hair. 
Now that's someone whom I'd still love to interview.  Maybe one of these lifetimes I'll be lucky enough to get to interview him for a few minutes.  Compare scars, as I'm sure his knees are much prettier then mine.

I know, I'm jumping topics tonight. 
There are crickets outside the window, they're so loud you would think they were inside the room.

Alright Mr. Scratchy, what will it be tonight... you reading this while having a cup of tea lounging in a pair of well worn underwear, having just gotten back from a golf game...maybe avoiding the large stack of research notes you have to read for that thesis I think you are writing?  Maybe you're planning a work trip for an indy wrestling company?  Or maybe you are in a band and just got back from being in a session?  Or, maybe you just got back from the gym? 

Whatever it is you're doing when you read this Mr. Scratchy, as always, I hope I brought a smile to your face.




No comments:

Post a Comment