Friday, August 17, 2012

post-it Friday 17/8/12

Mr. Scratchy, I was watching a movie the other day that got me thinking.  It was about how a group of survivors dealt with things after the population was almost wiped out.  And I started to think about the idea of how relationships would work in a situation like that.
The idea that people would pair off for survival more then love or even lust.  The idea that after three generations, everyone would be related.
The incest issue is something I don't think movie script writers consider when they do end of the world stories, but that's not the point I wanted to make.

The thing I was really thinking about Mr. Scratchy, was the idea of pairing off into coupledom because you have to not because you fell in love.  Basically, choosing the best of a limited supply.

Up till recently, when the internet became the creature it now is, isn't that what we as a society basically did?  We were in a certain area and unless you traveled constantly in order to meet people, you were stuck with a limited area and therefore a limited supply of people to pick from to end up with.

As we now all live our lives jacked in, we're more aware of the choices we have.  We're not limited anymore.
Or are we?  

I've always said, Mr. Scratchy, that we're meant to meet the same souls in every life we live.  The internet has helped us to meet some of those souls easier and faster.
And with more and more people taking part in dating sites and general social networks, it seems like we've opened up to the world.

Anyways Mr. Scratchy; I imagine you tonight reading this, maybe just having come home from the cinema. Imagine you needing a hug. Not for any lack of people in your life to physically hug you, but a metaphoric hug.  Which only I can supply right now.
Stop laughing, you know it's true. 
I imagine you with a large pop in hand-regular cola non of that diet crap, and you've gotten half ready for bed. So you would be shirtless but still have your jeans on, undone of course... I can imagine that if I want... and since you've been in the wrestling business I'm guessing that you're one of the ones who has smooth hairless skin. Have to give credit to the wrestling industry for the idea of men shaving their armpits cause a hairy armpit can be very gross on a man.
I also imagine you rolling your eyes as you read this smiling at me in spite of yourself.

Anyways Mr. Scratchy, I hope I've brought a bit of familiar peace and a smile of comfort to your night.

No comments:

Post a Comment