Friday, August 10, 2012

Post-it Aug 10th 2012

It's just before 1am as I write this, Mr. Scratchy.
Been taking some time to just regroup. Spent the day reading "Club Dumas"  by Arturo Perez-Reverte.  English translation of course.  Now, it would seem, I need to get my hands on a copy of The Three Musketeers.  I suppose I should have considered that ahead of time, given it plays a key role in Club Dumas, but I got caught up in the romance of it.

How was your day been Mr. Scratchy?  For some strange reason, I want to ask you if you picked any fights or if a photocopy machine blew up on you?  Odd the things that pop into one's head when it's quiet.

Next up, "Don Quixote".  I had ordered the two books a while back and they arrived Wednesday.  Which in a way is good, given I had taken all my other books and stuff home last week when I had gone ... in my meltdown, I wasn't smart enough to grab a book. 

It's strange, the idea in Club Dumas, being that you think you're on one path only to find out your on another. Old theme, but an affective one.

Anyways, Mr. Scratchy; I imagine you reading this, unshaven your hair mussed up, some luggage under your eyes. A large coffee in hand in a mug that is more sentimental then anything else. Something given to you from a relative.  Dressed in those stripped pajama bottoms and shirtless. Biting your bottom lip.  Maybe you've started to study tarot cards... just because someone gave you a deck as a gift and you finally decided to open them.  Dog treats crumbling under foot.  I think you do have a dog.  No idea why, just do. 

No matter if I'm clear on this or just daydreaming, I hope your day is good to you Mr. Scratchy. Maybe you'll daydream of me, and as always, I hope I brought a smile to your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment