Friday, August 24, 2012

post-it B

Was watching Bold and the Beautiful today, like I do every weekday; and one of the things they brought up was commitment.
The character of Liam was talking about how he's so committed to the character of Hope, but the character of Stephie pointed out that commitment isn't just in your thoughts, your words but in your actions, in your heart.

It got me thinking.

What proves someone's committed to someone else?  Is it marriage?  Is it the time they spend with them?  Is it how much they dream of them?  or is it something else all together?

It's not hard to say full on and pin point the men over the years I've been committed to. But sadly to say, the few loyal readers I have on the handful of blogs are the only people who have shown their commitment to me over the years.

God, that sounds like such a downer doesn't it?

I was hoping when I started my Monster's Library project, that I would find something in myself that I could commit to.  The project is 3 months away from being done, and I feel like I've only just scratched the surface; so I've already got a second year in the planning stages.  This time, I won't be flying around by the seat of my pants.  I have an outline that will get me through the first six months at lest.
I know to you Mr. Scratchy, that must sound like such a silly thing, but it's the journey I need to take. Laugh all you want.

I know I end these post-it notes to you almost all the time saying how I hope I brought a smile to your face, but it's true.  I hope I do make you smile, giggle, even if I spook you a bit. 

Few years ago, someone left an anonymous comment on one of my old blogs, saying that The Other Guy wasn't as hot shit as I made him sound and that he even beat him once in a match.   I always wondered who that was?  Part of me figured it was a prank by a former friend's husband.  Part of me always thought it was The Celebrity.   Never did find out.
I'm not even sure why that thought came up now?  Just one of those weird moments I guess.

Smile, please. I'm sure Mr. Scratchy that you have a lovely smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment