Thursday, August 23, 2012

Post-it on Thursday

I was in the pre-surgery area for nearly 5 hours yesterday.  At one point, the surgeon came in and asked if I was ready, and then changed his mind, taking the guy a few beds away and ordering x-rays for me because none had been done yet.
While I was waiting, there were teenagers on either side of me.  In the bed to the right of me, one teenager was getting her wisdom teeth out and she just would not shut up.  Two of the other patients complained to be moved to another area because all she did was whine to her mother about how mean they were being to her by not letting her eat.
Well duh, you're about to go into surgery, food is not a good idea.

The teenager on the left of me was bitching at the nurses because she didn't want to remove her bracelets.  They ended up cutting them off her anyway, but she was screaming and telling the staff they were assholes, even though she had been told before hand to remove her jewellery.

After my surgery, they had to get me up and standing, had me walk to the bathroom to prove I was good enough to get home. 

Can you picture me hobbling on my cane with my iv still in my arm, the pole for the iv being pushed with my other arm and just trying not to get tangled in the cord for the iv.

Today, the pain is a bit more then I was thinking it would be, and there are major bruises all over my thighs from where they were lifting me from the stretcher to the operating bed.  I haven't had bruises like that on my thighs since I dated -----.   But that's another story for another time.

Well Mr. Scratchy, I could use that metaphoric hug right about now, but I know you have a busy night ahead of you... or behind you depending on when you read this.  And I imagine you tonight reading this scratching the right side of your neck and jaw, you're eyes tired and weighed down with the week you've had. Maybe you're wondering why moose are such a strange looking creature?  (the news is on right now and we've got moose wandering the streets) Maybe you're thinking about what you're going to wear tomorrow to work/university/ or wherever you go during the days.  I imagine you there reading this thinking a drink would be nice right now, maybe a bourbon or a rye (have one for me if you do cause I'm not allowed right now)  dressed in a pair of dirty track pants. 

Well, as always Mr. Scratchy, I hope I made you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment