Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Don't flirt with the married neighbour

I was standing in the hallway of our building about an hour ago.  Crying. Just a mess, and sweating buckets from the heat.
My new neighbour, who seems to have moved into the building in the few months I've been stuck at mother's; was coming out of the apartment across the hall from me on his way out for a smoke.
He asked if he could help with anything.  I said I'd called a taxi and was trying to get back down the stair with my laptop and bag but couldn't manage with my cane.   He nodded and took my stuff and helped me down the flight of stairs. 

I felt like a complete child. I was home for less then 6 hours and I couldn't handle it.  I physically could not get around my apartment properly and that just caused me to just have a meltdown.

Anyways, he kept telling me that he and his girlfriend are about to have their first kid. 

Too bad, he was really cute, short dark hair, goatee, little bit of a tummy and really really nice hands.  He stood outside the whole time I was waiting for my taxi, telling me about himself.  And about ten times, informed me to let him know when I do get back, specially if I need anything. He told me his name, but in all the tears and sweat I don't remember it.

Under normal circumstances,  I would have given him my number or asked him for coffee.  But the fact he's taken with a kid... put the ice on that idea.

I don't know what it says about me as of late, but the last three times I've met a guy, I've been crying and in pain. 

Needless to say, I'm back at mother's for a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment