Friday, August 16, 2013

Bad idea

I was leaving mom's while ago, heading home, when this one construction worker who was cleaning up from the building next door started to talk to me.  Seemed innocent enough at the time. He asked if I knew if there was another bus that came down that street or if they were done for the night.  I had to tell him I had no idea cause they've changed the schedule.
He was cute, not drop dead gorgeous or anything, but cute. Tall, dark hair, clean shaven, tanned and tattooed.  He didn't tell me his name, just asked if I lived there or if I was one of the home care nurses?  Which is an odd question in itself given I was dressed all in black with one of my horror shirts. Not something a nurse would be allowed to wear to work.
Then I see what looks like my cousin Walsh's truck drive down the street. The construction worker's phone made a noise and that was the end of talking to him, so I came home. Barely got home when I got a message from Walsh.

"Don't waste your time on him. He's got three kids and two ex-wives."   so it was him who drove past.

Damn. Just my luck, finally get noticed for the first time in god knows how long, and he's the typical trash you find in this town.  Never did find out his name either.


No comments:

Post a Comment