Friday, January 6, 2012

Parker?

"Parker?" Earnan asked as he handed Nura a cup of tea.

Nura-: "Fill him in while I go pee."

Me-:"You know, in season 4 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, she meets this guy like second or third episode who is all charm and uber slick.  She ends up sleeping with him then he gives her a lame excuse for not getting together with her again and makes her believe that he was honest the whole time coming across like he let her know up front that it was a one off and that he thought she understood all he wanted was a quickie.  When you know he's just lying like a scumbag.  I've had way too many 'Parkers' in my life and I just do not want to put up with crap like that anymore.  God, I'm way too old for bad guys and bad one nightstands."

He nodded and laughed at me and I continued cause I was in a talking mood. 

Me-: "I realized something, was watching Sex and the City, the pilot episode.  I've had friends and acquaintances over the years who have dated more then I have, but have had less types of relationships then I have.   I've dated a bartender {like Miranda dates Steve throughout the show}  I've dated another writer {Carrie dates two writers, the first in the episode "Shortcomings" and then in the 5th-6th season when she dates Berger.}  I've dated Biguys {Carrie dates a Bisexual man in "Boy Girl Boy Girl" } I've dated a guy who could not get it up { Charlotte marries Trey who for the majority of their storyline is impotent} I've dated two actors {Samantha dates Jarrod in season 6 and the first movie and Charlotte dates a movie star in the episode "The Caste System" } I've dated musicians and djs {Carrie dates the jazz player with ADD in season 4} I've dated younger men {all the women do throughout the show} I've dated divorced men {they all do at different points in the series} I've dated guys with kids {Miranda dates a single dad in the episode "Shortcomings"}  I've dated guys who were addicts {Carrie dates a guy who replaces her for his alcohol addiction in the episode "Was it Good for You?"} I've dated guys with a premature ejaculation issue {Carrie's boyfriend in the Shortcomings episode as well as the character of JJ that Samantha almost has sex with in the episode "A Change of A Dress" } I've dated a guy who had had a mental breakdown {Carrie dates an ex who's staying at a mental hospital in the episode "Boy, Interrupted" }"

Nura-: "What now?"   she asked as she returned from the bathroom

Me-: "I was listing off my dating mistakes."

Earnan-: "That's ... wow. Okay."

Me-: "What wow?"

Earnan-: "You want me to be honest?"   I said that I did while Nura just sipped her tea sort of not looking at the webcam.  "I wouldn't have figured... I sort of thought you were less..."

Nura-: "He's politely saying he thought you were more innocent then that."

Me-: "I've been dating since I was I was fifteen which is like twenty-three years of dating.  I actually haven't dated that many compared to other people we know. Just pointing out the fact I've dated a wide range of ... wrong men. Not too mention, you forget that some of these types of guys overlapped. Like the dude with the mental breakdown was one of the divorced single dads. And one of the musicians was a bisexual."

Nura-: "And who's your Mr. Big?"

Me-: "When he shows up I'll let you know."

Nura-: "I think he's here.  I think Mr. Big is your Mr. Scratchy."

Earnan-: "Which one is Mr.Big?"

Nura-: "Mr. Big is the one Carrie marries in the movie hon. You remember we rented the SATC movie not too long ago."

Earnan-: "Right right yeah.  I thought your Mr. Big was The Celebrity..." he smiled wide then wandered away from the webcam to take the dogs for their walk. 

Nura just laughed "I forgot what we were talking about before."

Me-: "I can't remember."

No comments:

Post a Comment