Friday, January 27, 2012

High school is never over

I was in a rush as I made my way through the grocery yesterday.  All of a sudden I hear this high pitched voice asking how I was and where I've been.  Turning around I spotted Beth, one of the ladies from mom's building heading towards me with her walker.  I ended up helping her take her groceries to the building as I was on my way to mom's to begin with.  Only, this made me slightly off schedule.  She opened the back door to the building because her apartment is located near the rear and made a face as we entered. 

Beth-: "Hold your breath the smell almost made me vomit this morning."

Honestly, I didn't smell a thing then again I have sinus issues. 

Beth-: "I'm moving in a few weeks.  I'm tired of cleaning dirty kitty litter and dog shit off my door. I know who it is too!"  she pointed down the hallway towards G-Babbs's apartment. "What are we anyway? She's in her 70's and she's acting like she's in high school. I'm not putting up with this anymore."

Wow.  I know the two of them don't like each other but that's beyond juvenile.  I said nothing, just stood there in semi-shock as she continued to tell me some of the other stuff that a few of the women in the building have done to her in the last few months.  And while she did, I looked at the edge of her door. There was no denying that something had been smeared across it. 

When I asked why they did this Beth shrugged and mumbled something about a former male friend.  If I've pieced the puzzle together right, both herself and G-Babbs had been involved at different times in the last few years with the same man.   A guy who used to live upstairs in the building but moved out last year. 

Jealousy is never pretty. 

When I finally got to my mother's apartment,  she greeted me with a strange look on her face, pushing me into the apartment closing the door as quick as possible.  "I have to change my laundry day around. That woman was sitting in the laundry room asking about you again. She's figured out when my laundry schedule is and was there waiting. She wanted to know why you were not helping me this week?"

Me-: "What did you say?"  mom just shrugged and said that she just told her I was not visiting too often right now.  "Well, feel free to tell her I moved... to Michigan or something. Ireland or London or something."

Mom-: "I can't lie."

Me-: "She's f**ked in the head. Everyone in the building is creeped out by her. Everyone even G-Babbs crosses to the other side of the parking lot when she sees her and nothing freaks out G-Babbs."  

Why on earth could I not have a nice boy as a stalker.  Or you know just a man in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment