Sunday, January 22, 2012

What would Carrie Do? Now??

"In a city of great expectations is it time to settle for what you can get?"   This is the question of the week in Season 1 of SATC in episode 9 called The Turtle and the Hare.

It's a Sunday morning and the sun has yet to rise. Though I've been awake long enough to be on my second cup of coffee and have managed to put in about three pages of writing and two blog posts elsewhere on the internet.  Now, I'm curled up with disk two from season one of Sex and the City.  I've talked about this episode before.  What made me dig out this episode I'm not even sure, just seemed like the one to go with.
And the last line of the show, hit me hard.  Carrie and Big are in his kitchen making tomato sauce when Carrie tells him that she can not date someone who does not have an interest in being married at some point. He doesn't answer her full out, but makes a slight joke and refers to the sauce.  Then Carrie comments about living in the moment and not worrying about the future so much.

Bang!

I can not tell you how often Nura is telling me the same thing.  The whole watched pot thing.  So I'm sitting here now, eating cold pizza and wondering why everyone around me seems to think I'm doing the wrong thing by waiting for Mr. Scratchy and not actively dating right now?

Is it really too much to ask that they trust me on this?

And to switch gears on you here while I'm in the mood to type... my main spots have been getting a bunch of hits in the last 24 hours with people googling about The Celebrity looking sick.  Honestly, I thought he looked fabulous.  But that's just me, I was really happy to see him on the show. 
I did go back and re-watch his segment on this week's episode.
When he first walked down the ramp, he looked angry. He looked like he'd either just gotten some horrible news, or dare I say by the way his jaw was clinched and the far away look in his eyes; like he was maybe trying to remember his lines?  I don't know, but physically he looked good.

No comments:

Post a Comment