Monday, January 2, 2012

Family Matters

"I'll get this back to you in a few days."   Walsh said a bit ago referring to a photo of our Grandparents.  My cousin had been helping his oldest put together a 'this is my family' project for school and decided to make an album for himself and was collecting as many photos of our Grandparents as he could find.

Me-: "Just drop it off at my mom's. I'll get it later in the week." 

Walsh-: "You said you were writing when I called.  The novel still or something new?"

Me-: "Something new.  Why?"

He shrugged. "What's it about?"

Me-: "The new one or the main one?"

Walsh-: "Both."

Me-: "The main one is about two brothers who are in love with the same woman.  The new one, I'm not totally sure yet I'm only 20 pages into it. All I really have fleshed out is that the lead works for a newspaper and his best friend is a teacher."

Walsh licked his lips biting the corner of his mouth.

Me-: "What's that look for?"

Walsh-: "Two brothers same woman.  Are you ever going to forgive my sister for stealing what's his name all those years ago?"

Me-: "The bitch did me a favour.  I worked my anger out with the novel. But that doesn't mean I ever want to be at the same dinner party with her, cause I'm pretty damn sure I'd be tempted to RKO her."

Walsh-: "Oh yeah, all your anger issues worked out totally I see that.  Honestly Darling, the way my sister's life has been going, she could used an RKO or something."   he had a sad look to his eyes and his shoulders tightened up.  "Okay, better get going.  Let me know when you finally finish editing the main novel, I'd like to read it.  And I have no intention of having to pay for a copy either."

Me:-"Well there went my one change at making a living."


No comments:

Post a Comment