Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nutty like chalk

"He sounds way too smooth don't trust him."   I commented to Nura and Tammy a bit ago.  I had been chatting with Nura on webcam when Tammy showed up after a coffee date.  We were discussing her date. Jeff, and he just seemed too smooth to me.

Nura-: "That what your gut telling you?"   I nodded and said it was. "Yeah, I agree. I saw him the other day when I was walking the dog.  He gave me a bad vibe."

Me-: " I wish I had trusted my gut there back when I got in with you know who.  But he was like just instant charm. No more of that, I want the next guy to be more real, more gritty like chalk."

Tammy-: "Huh?"  she was leaning over Nura the cat in her arms petting it.

Me-: "Something my Grandmother used to say, about knowing when someone was honest and when they said things for show.  If they were showoffs then they were smooth like silk but if they were honest in her mind, then they were like chalk. Gritty you know, sort of nerdy or just... unsmooth.  I have no other way to describe it other then like chalk."

Tammy-:"Unsmooth. Makes it sound like they need a shave."  she scrunched up her nose at me and turned to Nura. "We need to get going or we'll miss our bus." 

No comments:

Post a Comment