Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dirty Laundry 3

"I don't think you should have said that."  Walsh, my cousin said to me few hours ago. He called to see if I had heard anything from his dad, who along with his stepmom and my mom, are out of town visiting friends. No, no one has gotten hold of us in a week.

Me-: "Said what?"

Walsh- : "Um your post this morning. You flat out said you don't think he's good enough to win."

Me-: "What? No I didn't."

Walsh-: "That's how I read it. And speaking as a guy I'm pretty sure he's going to see that that way too. You voted for someone else."

Me-: "So not what I meant! You really think he's going to think that I don't think he's good enough? He's smarter then that. I was pointing out the over all big picture. Now you've got me paranoid thinking that he's going to think I think that. Thanks a lot."

Walsh-: "I'm just saying. You've already broken the heart of The Other Guy, now you've gone and..."

Me-: "Hang on! How did I break the heart of The Other Guy? Clue me in"

Walsh-: "Um saying you don't think he's your Mr. Scratchy. You really need to start thinking about censoring yourself sometimes. They are just men you know, not Superman. It's called feelings."

Me-: "So you think that I've hurt these guys? The Other Guy and The Celebrity?"

Walsh-: "Pretty much."

Me-: "Wouldn't I have to mean something to them to hurt them?"

Walsh-: "You still think that you don't?"

Me-: "I have no idea what I mean to them. They've never talked to me."

Walsh-: "Patience. Oh wife just pulled into the drive.Hanging up now."

So now my cousin's got me freaking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment