Saturday, July 2, 2011

I do Did I?

I stopped in Starbucks on my way home tonight from mom's.  Feeling worn out and all I could think was I needed the biggest coffee I could find. The Drama Queen was on her dinner break and hanging around the back of the grocery, where the Starbucks is. 
She wears Dior Dune.  I'm a Burberry Brit girl myself.   I know this because she was leaning in over my shoulder while I was in line, and I could smell nothing else.  It even overpowered the coffee if you can believe it.

TDQ-: "I've been standing around since 8 am. Thank god I have tomorrow off. Not that it matters, as I've got another wedding to go to and my husband has to work until 630. God..." she turned to smile at one of the new check out boys. "We never see each other anymore, you know. Did I show you the necklace he got me last week?  And check out this ring. He's got no taste at all when it comes to gifts. If I could, I would have taken it back and got the money. Why are you back here again today? Weren't you just here like two hours ago?"

Me-: "I'm on my way home from mom's. Just wanted to pick up a coffee and some chocolate." 

TDQ-: "Ohmygod Darling! Did you see that?"  referring to a semi-cute construction worker who wandered into the building and over to the frozen foods. "I miss being single. It's not worth it being married to him. We never see each other. If I had my way, I'd never have gotten married."

Me-: "What?"   and I'm thinking, TDQ spent a full year and a half doing nothing but talking about the wedding few years back, and that she's been with her husband now for almost 8 years. I thought this while I watched her undo the top button of her shirt and walk over to the construction worker chatting him up.  

When she returned as I was about to leave the building, she grabbed me by my elbow pulling me closer to whisper something I could not hear then nodded.  I was about to say I didn't catch what it was she had said but then her cell went off with a text.   It was her husband.

TDQ-: "Ohmygod! Darling! He's telling me that his brother is coming over for dinner now. What the hell? Oh well, lest I'll have someone to do tonight."   {yes she actually said someone to do not something} "Okay, I've got to get back breaks over. Say hi to your mom for me." 

As I was turning to leave, I spotted Zane standing outside on his break.  Earlier in the day, when I stopped in the store for milk, Zane had been on shift.  I guess he was pulling a double shift or something. I caught him staring yet again, then he turned, walked away, tossed his cigarette in a puddle, and went through the other set of doors back into the building.   I have yet to figure him out. I always catch Zane looking at me, but whenever I say hi, he turns his eyes away and will runaway. 
I know he's not shy. He talks to everyone else. Flirts madly with every other female that comes through the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment