Friday, July 22, 2011

A novel idea

"Huh. Wow. That's... um..."  My cousin Walsh was blushing as he read the computer screen. I had the laptop open to the novel, trying to get some editing done on it when he stopped over to give me a ride to my doctor's appointment.  "You know, for someone who claims they do not write x-rated material, you have a lot and I mean a lot of sex in your book. Do you really need that in there? Grandma is rolling over in her grave right now. And Papa." 

Mind you my cousin seems to be in a constant state of blushing.

"What you don't like the masturbation scene?"

Walsh-: "It's... do you need to have that in there? It's just so... there"

Me-: "Well, I thought I handled it well."  I was smiling, no just smirking wickedly actually. My cousin was starting to fidget in his seat he was so uncomfortable.  "Yes. Actually I do need that in there. It's the turning point for the character's arch. I actually had two male friends help me with that. Sort of.  I had asked them both to write me some notes..."

Walsh-: "Uh. You...I can't..."

Me-: "Can I finish. No one ever lets me finish talking why is that? I got the reactions I wanted at lest. My buddy Patrick got all weird said he just couldn't help me. Said he tried, but ..."

Walsh-: "The goth guy? He was just messed up. I'm not sorry to hear he's out of your life."

Me-: "Yeah. Finishing what I was saying, and my buddy the indie wrestler, now he gave me notes. F*ck. He wrote a bunch of stuff but I just couldn't use it. It was just a mess of things with no coherent line to it. But, I did get an idea from what he gave me and the rest I made up."

Walsh-: "Well I have to give it to you for one thing, you have a knack for making men uncomfortable."

No comments:

Post a Comment