Monday, July 11, 2011

Mindless Monday -July 11th

I spent a fair chunk of yesterday on the phone with the Musician. He was working on some promotional stuff for his new cd. Mostly.
The rest of the time, we were talking about his love life. He'd been out with members of his band the night before, and had been asked out by this girl who was hanging around them. Friend of a friend of a friend type deal.
He turned her down. I could not understand why, given he's been bitching about how he's been dateless for the last week.  His reason, she's a larger girl.  Okay, I'm rolling my eyes at him because that seems to be his only excuse for everything.
Then he told me that the girl ended up going home with the next guy who looked sideways at her.  Fine, so she ended up being a slut. But how was he suppose to know that before hand?
Then he asked me how he should proceed to ask out the girl he's had a thing for, for over a year?  I had no idea other then to take her to dinner.  What do I know about proper dates, as I've never been on one.**  I've had many coffee dates, few drinks, but that is about it. 
Many many cancelations though the other year when I was doing the online dating crap, but that's old stories from an old blog.
I got a message from him last night before bed, saying that the girl asked him out to a movie last night.  Well, there you go, all is well in the land of love.


** I was on a proper date when I was 17. We saw Child's Play 3 in the cinema. That was 1991

No comments:

Post a Comment