Thursday, February 27, 2014

7:00pm Feb 27

"Why on earth would you admit to that?"  my aunt asked as she sat with a cup of herbal tea in hand. We were doing tea leaves readings.  Well, trying to. I couldn't make any sense out of anything. I did see what looked like an anchor and a boot, which when I looked them up in the book, are two of the most common things the tea leaves form.

Me-:"Uh... because when I make a complete fool out of myself, I seem to have more hits. My wrestlers like to laugh?"

Aunt-:"So you're just going to let them build themselves up by knocking you down farther? How does that help? How does that make your life lighter and more fulfilled?"

Me-:"They're reading, right now that's all that matters."

She put her tea down and poked my shoulder. "You've got to stop it! Stop letting everyone walk all over you."

Me-:"Okay."

Aunt-:"Were you really that shocked to learn your ex was sleeping with a teenager?"

Me-:"No. That's not the point."

My aunt shrugged swirling her cup. "Then what was?"  I didn't have an answer. It bothered me, it shouldn't have but it did.  She made a grunting sound nodding. "You think that guy was the big love of your life?" All I could do was shrug. "I know you, and if you 100% thought that, you wouldn't have dated anyone else."

Me-:"Like my love life has been anything but a desert last few years."

Aunt-:"Who's fault is that?"

Me-:"The universe? Every time I've decided I was going to start dating again in the last few years, I've ended up on crutches or in hospital. I swear, something is blocking me."

Aunt-:"Then unblock it. Do whatever you have to do to unblock whatever is blocking you."   Which, if I knew for sure what that was, I'd have fixed it already. "What would you do honestly, if that guy came back into your life tomorrow?"

Me-:"Cry."

Aunt-:"Why? If he's the big love of your life, why won't the idea of seeing him again make you feel good?"

Me-:"Because he was a lying cheating drunk slut."

Aunt-:"Ahh, see so not the right man for you. Obviously otherwise...so unblock your path, and know that the right man is on his way still. You just need to be patient and keep your mind off the negative stuff. And don't talk to that girl on there anymore. But you've got to understand, everything happens for a reason and your talking to her was for a reason. Have you figured out why?"  I shook my head no, and by this time I had started to sniffle. "What else did you say she said?"

Me-:"She's a big fan of my favourite wrestlers too. Mad Hatter mostly."

Aunt-:"And that's bad?"

Me-:"She's met him."

My aunt shrugged. "Again, how is that bad?"

Me-:"Groupie."

Aunt-:"Ah! Now we've gotten to the real issue."   She finished off her tea and told me to think about that for awhile.  Apparently, my aunt wants me to have a complete mental breakdown. The idea that my ex could be less than one degree away from my current favourite wrestler. Thanks, get right on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment