Friday, February 14, 2014

Where's your roses?

Mavis was dropped off for babysitting about an hour ago, walked in dropped her bag and handed my mom a large stuffed bear holding a heart. She looked at me then turned in a full circle, went over to the table, crossed to the kitchen and asked in a loud near scream "Where are all your valentines' day stuff?"  she ran back to the dinning room table, patting it.

Mavis-:"Where are your teddy bears and cards and roses and presents?"

Mom-:"You just handed me the bear."

Mavis-:"No, I was talking to her." she pointed at me then moved over to where I was standing and started to smack my back. "Both my sister's got roses and chocolates and Connie and Daffiny got some too, plus Daffiny's boyfriend took her to dinner at a restaurant and I heard my teacher saying that every girl today would be getting something from the flower shop."

Me-:"I don't think your teacher meant every girl in town, most likely just every girl in your class."

She looked really confused all of a sudden as she crossed back to the sofa turning on the cartoon channel. "So, you didn't get any valentines presents at all? No cards? No teddy bears? No chocolates? Nothing?"  she seemed honestly confused by the idea.

Me-:"Not a thing."

Mavis jumped back up and over to where I was again, grabbed a chair climbed up on it, and reached up to pat me on the shoulder. "That's so sad! Even my cat got a new mouse. Well, it's not a real mouse, it's a stuffie but it's pink and has a little bell inside it so that when she plays with it it makes noise."

Mom-:"Not everyone has a valentine."

Mavis-:"But if not everyone has a valentines, that means that not everybody loves someone, and everyone should have someone love them. I'd be your valentine but I'm already valentines with this boy in my class, he's allergic to bread so he can't have wheat...no I mean he's allergic to wheat so he can't have bread, so I made him a valentines card with a picture of a ham sandwich on it."


No comments:

Post a Comment