Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sneak attacked

"Who do you know that's a Gemini?"  this from my aunt.

Me-:"What?"

She had stopped by to see how mom was doing from her surgery. "I was reading your blog. I got the feeling that was almost a personal note to someone. Just wanted to know who to?"  she shrugged, this really cat that ate the canary look on her face.

Me-:"No one. I had like three newsletters on the topic this week, all saying Gemini would get hit the hardest. Why?" 

She shrugged again, reading her tablet her finger scrolling through things. "Just thought maybe you'd opened up and met someone."

Me-:"You're worse then your stepson you know that."

Aunt-:"You know my friend Dana? Her oldest son just got divorced, he's moved back to town."

Me-:"Not interested."

She looked at me like I was on fire or something. "You haven't even heard anything about him, meet him first, talk to him, you never know. He could be your soulmate."

Me-:"Well, according to your stepson, my soulmate is Mad Hatter."  I got mom her pain meds and tried to explain to my aunt why a divorced man was not on my menu. "Okay, look at it this way. He's divorced for a reason right. Top reasons would be because he either cheated or is abusive. Either way, that's a really bad guy and not what I want in my life."

Aunt-:"I know for a fact he's not like that."

Me-:"Okay, then the next conclusion would be that his ex-wife cheated. In which case, he's most likely distrustful of anyone, or will be the overly clingy type. Either way, that says he's not ready for any kind of commitment."

Aunt-:"Okay I see what you're saying. What if I say it wasn't like that either? Then what's your excuse for not meeting him?"

Me-:"Then  it's his job. If the marriage fell apart and all was good, then that leaves one thing. Work. If he's the type of guy who travels for work or has a high demand job, he'll never be around and that's not what I want. If it was the wife who had a high demand job, then he's going to be weirded out by the fact I'm a massive homebody/semi-shut in. It won't work."

Aunt-:"So you don't even want to know what he looks like?"

Me-:"Fine what does he look like?"

She showed me a photo. Tall way over the 6foot 5 mark, super skinny, caramel-ish skin and collar length dark hair. And a blue uniform that looked like he worked for an airline.

Me-:"So it's his job that ruined the marriage?"

Aunt-:"He's a flight attendant."

Me-:"So it was his job that ruined his marriage? Never home?"

Aunt-:"I'm texting him. At lest talk to him once."

No comments:

Post a Comment