Sunday, February 9, 2014

1:17pm

"How's it going?"  message from my cousin Walsh.

Me-:"Biggest orders from the doctor is that mom's not suppose to bend for anything. Not so much as to tie her shoe, and I've been screaming at her to just sit and let me take care of everything. She's not listening, she is going to end up back in hospital."

Walsh-:"Oh, right auntie's surgery. Haha. I meant in general."

Nice eh? 

Me-:"Usual. You?"

Walsh-:"Dropped kids off at their friend's. Heading over to the hardware store."   little while later. "You're going with that?"

Me-:"?????"

Walsh-:"Sorry, that was meant for wife. But, you're going with that? With the fairy."

I'm guessing he meant the fairy tale? Cause I don't know anything about any "fairies" at the moment.

Me-:"yes."

Walsh-:"You're the writer."

That sounded very much like he was in a snobbish tone. And that he was not liking the direction that I think I'm taking the whole thing.  He's making me doubt myself, which is not good ever. This is why most writers don't risk serials anymore and work mostly on stuff they can fix with many, many drafts.
I wrestled with this - no pun intended- for a half hour, thinking about if taking the character based on Rebel without a Cause in the new direction, a darker direction is good?

Me-:"It's solid. Good look on him."

Walsh-:"I would have actually shown it happen. Hahaha!"   I had to remind my cousin that the blog the fairy tale is  being written on is a PG/PG-13 sanctioned blog, I can only go so far with things.  "So basically, you're saying you think Rebel without a Cause is capable of something like that? huh? huh?"

Me-:"I think the real dude has a dark side."

Walsh-:"You're blogging this aren't you? He's going to read this."



No comments:

Post a Comment