Saturday, February 1, 2014

I wasn't going to but I will

Herman, Mr. Scratchy;
It's one of those nights, where the temperature dropped once again. Making it one of those nights where the wind is rattling the windows every so often. Currently sitting at a -30C degree windchill.

I wasn't going to write anymore of these. But, I find myself, not sure what to do, not tired enough to yet go to bed, and babysitting so unable to watch tv in case I wake Mavis up. Should I worry that the one person on the planet who actually gets me is my seven year old cousin? I think I should worry a lot. So no, I have not had a chance to watch tonight's wrestling yet. That will have to wait until tomorrow after I'm done babysitting. 

Strange word, babysitting. Universally understood, most of the time you don't think twice about the actual wording of the term, but in moments like this, I find myself wondering who came up with half the world's common phrases?

It's also nights like this when I wonder how the hell I'm going to get pizza sauce out of the sofa?

It's the rarest moments like this when I'm forced to be a real grown up, and I half way hate it and sort of find it fitting.  Truly, I don't know if I'll ever fit the whole being a grown up thing. Just don't think I'm designed to be 24/7/365 responsible. I think I'll always be the type that you see on tv shows like Big Bang Theory ... an overgrown kid in bad t-shirts.

Okay Herman, whomever you truly are, I guess it's time to turn in for the night. Force myself to try to sleep cause Mavis will have me up at dawn.

Smile, you're not the one scrubbing the pizza sauce out of the furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment