Monday, February 10, 2014

Too cold to care

Okay, I think today what's left of my brain is in my arse.  I have been stuck inside since the day of mom's surgery, and thought it was time to get out of the apartment for a few hours. I checked the weather channel and it was -20C with a -30C windchill. And I'm like "dude, I live in one of the coldest places in Canada, I've been out in worse, I'm only needing to stand around for less then five minutes to catch a bus." 

This is my ego talking at that point. Bad stupid ego. No hat, no gloves, bus was late. Got where I was going, did everything I had in mind to do. Go wait for another bus back. 

I'm sitting there listening to a couple of really cute security guards on their coffee break talking about how they hate women who smoke. Just nasty stuff they are comparing them to, then this chick who works at one of the hair salons in the mall comes out on her smoke break, lights up an extra long king size and these two guys are a drooling mess. Just standing there trying to come up with any reason to talk to her, total hypocrites.
Chick stays there for a few minutes after they cute security guards go back inside, and this guy pulls up in the parking lot. Tall, short dark hair, clean shaven, dark jeans, black jacket. Typical looking guy. And I'm sitting there shivering, thinking to myself, what's this dude going to come up with as an excuse to talk to the chick as he passes by? 

"Excuse me, my cell phone seems to have died, do you have the time?"  he spoke. I found myself looking up as his shadow crossed over me. He spoke to me? He passed the chick every other man in the building has been drooling over for the last ten minutes.

"12:45"

He hovered for a long second, nodded, did this half step sideways and went into the building. The chick finished her smoke and headed back inside, had to pass by the guy, and purposely brushed up against him. He did nothing, didn't look at her, didn't say anything. Then I saw him look over his shoulder at me again.

Okay what?  I actually looked around to see if there was anyone else standing there that I hadn't noticed before. Nope, just me. 
Maybe the drop in temperature made me more appealing? All I know is that I was too frozen to even bother trying to flirt with the guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment